Edith Cowan University is accepting applications from eligible PhD students for the Vice Chancellor’s PhD through Research Scholarship at the University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery.
This scholarship is in line with the Australian National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards and the Western Australian Sustainable Health Review, all of which seek to protect the public from harm while also improving the quality of acute health care.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Scholarship Type: Full-fee Scholarship
- Host Institution(s): Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Scholarship Worth: Full-fee Scholarship
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: International students
Australia 2021 Edith Cowan University Research Scholarship
The aim of this PhD scholarship is to improve acute care care and patient outcomes. It is part of the ECU Centre for Research in Aged Care and aligns with the Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infection and the Comprehensive Care Standard of the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality Health Service (ACSQHC). Vascular entry, pressure injury, and indwelling urinary catheters are among the topics being researched.
Other issues related to improving patient quality in an acute care environment will be discussed. Within the wider sense of this research program, the student would also have the ability to contribute to other projects.
Criteria for Eligibility
The following qualifying requirements must be met by candidates for the Vice Chancellor’s PhD by Research Scholarship at Edith Cowan University:
- You must be a domestic or international student enrolled in a recognized Higher Degree by Research (HDR) program. Master by Research and Doctor of Philosophy Integrated students must be enrolled prior to census, whereas Doctor of Philosophy students can begin at any time during the scholarship year. Applicants who are unable to begin by census due to prior commitments may be given permission to begin later (see Commencement). When a course offer is conditional, an applicant is usually not considered for a scholarship until all of the requirements are met.
- Must not be earning an equal Commonwealth grant or scholarship to help pay for HDR fees;
- Must be enrolled full-time or, in extraordinary circumstances, can apply for and be approved for a part-time scholarship in accordance with the Part-Time Scholarship Holders criteria;
Must be on campus or have written permission to study off campus within Australia (for domestic students only).
- When applying for a research scholarship to pursue a Master by Research, they must not have a research doctorate or equivalent; they must also not have a Master by Research or equivalent.
- Must not have previously held an APA, HDRS, APA (Industry), or an Australian Government-funded Postgraduate Research Award (except an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship), unless the award was terminated within six months of the start of benefits. At the University’s discretion, this requirement can be relaxed.
Procedures for submitting an application
How to Apply: Qualified applicants for the Vice Chancellor’s PhD by Research Scholarship at Edith Cowan University can apply online via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal.
For more details, go to the official website.