For the 2021/2022 application period, suitably eligible applicants are invited to apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program awards funding to the best postdoctoral candidates from across the country and around the world who have the potential to positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based development.
The Fellowship aims to attract and maintain top-tier postdoctoral talent, as well as cultivate and position them for future success as research leaders. The researcher who is awarded a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada will have the opportunity to hone his or her research skills while still having access to modern facilities and equipment necessary for a successful research project.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships | FEATURES
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unusual in that it places a strong focus on the interaction of:
- The applicant’s merit and capacity to begin a fruitful research-intensive career; and the host institution’s dedication to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic goals.
- An applicant for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship must work closely with the proposed host institution to complete their application.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicants may be Canadian citizens or citizens of any other country who are interested in studying as a postdoctoral fellow in Canada.
- Applicants must hold a relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree from a globally recognized institution.
- Applicants must have previous academic experience and a track record that can be checked by a scholarly journal.
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language and have shown good leadership abilities.
- Applicants must agree to follow the rules that govern fellows’ behavior at the host universities.
Procedures for submitting an application
To apply for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022, applicants must first obtain approval from the host institution, then plan and submit an application, keeping in mind that each host institution will have its own deadlines.
Applicants must attach all necessary supporting documentation to their applications and apply them by the application deadline.
For more details, go to the official website.