The WISE Program Scholarship Entrance Examination in Veterinary Medicine/Infectious Disease at Hokkaido University School/ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is accepting applications from suitably eligible international students.
This scholarship program aims to improve problem-solving abilities focused on veterinary medicine, as well as the opportunity to undertake international activities for new findings related to life phenomena and drug production, through research experience in cutting-edge life sciences.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hokkaido University, Japan
- Scholarship Type: Full-fee Scholarship
- Host Institution(s): Hokkaido University, Japan
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee and stipend of 145,000 YEN
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
- Nationality: International students
WISE Scholarship Program at Hokkaido University in Japan
In the Cooperative Veterinary Education Program, VetNorth Japan, which is jointly offered by the Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, the School of Veterinary Medicine has established degree conferral standards that ensure the specific abilities required of ideal veterinarians, and grants a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine to students who have developed the requisite abilities.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants for the Hokkaido University WISE Program Scholarship in Japan 2021 must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- International students are required to apply.
- Understanding of logical and ethical standards of conduct is required of veterinarians in their duties.
- Awareness and skills in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of animal diseases, as well as the maintenance and improvement of animal and public health, are essential.
- The international perspectives, experience, and specialized skills required to contribute to the resolution of global issues such as food supply security, livestock animal hygienic management, livestock product protection, and zoonoses regulation.
Interested applicants for the Hokkaido University WISE Scholarship Program must first enroll and be admitted into the Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine or the Graduate School of Infectious Diseases, and then submit the following documents to [email protected] via email.
Procedures for submitting an application
- Curriculum vitae
- Documents for the applicant qualification screening
- Research plan
- Career plan after graduation from the Graduate School
- Evaluation report from the expected supervisor
- Report on scientific and academic activities
- Two letters of recommendation to the President of Hokkaido University
- Short essay of approximately 1,200 words
- English proficiency
- Medical certificate